Friday, June 09, 2006

Keynote speech by Wesley Clark

As part of the "Blogger Caucus" I used my Press credentials to join the "blogger table" a few feet from the podium in the Fort Worth arena.

As I write this I'm about 50 feet from Wesley Clark who is delivering the keynote speech. I've not seen him in person before ... his charisma is still great. He used the term "command negligence" when referring to Bush's response to the 9/11 attacks. Rather than asking his staff to

"Why review ancient history? Because it is NOT ancient. We're having to spend our time figuring out a war that we should not have gotten into in the first place!"

"I've been in war. I don't believe in it. And you do NOT go to war unless it is ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY necessary!"

On healthcare: "We have the best healthcare in the world; but 45 million people without healthcare."

"Misuse of science: FDA has to go through a political litmus test. We cannot trust NOAA because it might have data showing Global Warming and we know it doesn't exist.".

"We could be so much better if we had leadership in Washington."

"How did this start? Dividing Americans by fear."

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! And 2006 is the year!"

"The best way to keep America secure is not to build fences but to build bridges to other countries."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home